Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Chapter Nine

Lyrics: Simple Plan



I open my eyes I try to see but I’m blinded by the white light I can’t remember how I can’t remember why I’m lying here run The I can’t stand the pain And I can’t make it go away No I can’t stand the painHow could this happen to meI made my mistakes Ive got no where to runThe night goes onAs I’m fading away I’m sick of this life I just wanna screamHow could this happen to meEverybody’s screamingI try to make a sound but no one hears meI’m slipping off the edgeI’m hanging by a threadI wanna start this over again So I try to hold onto a time when nothing matteredAnd I can’t explain what happened And I can’t erase the things that I’ve doneNo I can’tHow could this happen to meI made my mistakes Ive got no where to runThe night goes onAs I’m fading awayI’m sick of this lifeI just wanna screamHow could this happen to meI made my mistakesIve got no where to runThe night goes onAs I’m fading awayI’m sick of this lifeI just wanna screamHow could this happen to me-Untitled









This song i felt related to chapter nine the best because it talks about in the book that Gatsby and myrtle get murdered. This song talks about dieing and how they wish they could just go back and do things differently this time around. I felt that if Gatsby and Myrtle had the chance to live again they would change their prospectives big time. They would realize that it's not all about money and what ever makes them happy go for it. In the song it talks about the pain they go through and how there looking around but no one is there to help. Also that they yell for help but no one can hear them. I felt that this could be relevant to Gatsby feelings when he gets murder by Mr.Wilson.











Quotes:








  1. "But as they drew back the sheet and looked at Gatsby with unmoved eyes, his protest continued in my brain"(173). This quote relates tot he text because it explains that Gatsby is officially passed away. All through out the chapter they talk about Gatsby's death and his funeral. So i felt that this quote which is describing him to be expired was relevant because that's when you know that it's official and a serious situation.




  2. "....Perhaps a detective, used the expression "mad man" as he bent over Wilson's body that afternoon....."(171). This quote relates tot he text because it shows that Mr.Wilson was the killer of Gatsby. You know it is Mr.Wilson because when the detective leans over him and says "mad man" he is refraining Mr.Wilson. He felt he was a "mad man" because he murder a man and then killed himself in the process. This is a good quote for this chapter because we find out just how twisted and wound up people are on the "eggs".


  3. "Gatsby's wonder when he first picked out the green light at the end of Daisy's dock....his dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it. He did not know that it was already behind him" (182). this quote is said by Nick talking about Gatsby. Gatsby didn't realize that he could never actually get Daisy and now he is very disappointed that he cant.


  4. 'When a man gets killed I never like to get mixed up in it in any way. I keep out. When I was a young man it was different...I stuck with them to the end...Let us learn to show friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead....'" This quote is said by he is describing how we should show the friendship to people when they are alive and not when they end up passing away.

Theme

The main theme of this chapter is money cannot buy happiness. All through Gatsby's life he was known for his wealth and his extraordinary parties that would happen every week. Hundreds of people would show up to these parties in all directions. Though he had money there was one thing that the money couldn't get him. And this was his love of his life Daisy. he tried and tried to get her and he thought that his money would make him able to get her but little did he know. At the end of the novel Gatsby is shot and killed by Wison. Wilson thought that Gatsby killed Myrtle with the car but the fact is Daisy did. Days after his funeral is held Nick tries to call all of Gatsby's friends but no one answers or they cannot attend. The funeral was suspected to be huge because of all Gatsby's acquaintances but this goes to prove to you that people were just using him for his money and didn't actually care for him. This goes to prove to you that in the long run money cannot buy happiness.







3 comments:

Gunner said...

this was fascinating! i love the parallels you make... very creative.

Haixizhenpin.com said...

Free Music and Video Downloads !
visit MP3 Guys

Budi said...

ilkpop.wapkah.com